This duplex renovation, located in the West Village, is a work-in-progress project in collaboration with Tentwenty Architects. The client had specific design ideas for the residential space and worked closely with the Architect and MRTA to fine-tune all the details in the scope of work, which includes new partitions and spaces, custom millwork, new stairs and balusters, and a completely customized master bathroom with a steam system in the shower. Partitions on the lower floor were demolished, bringing in more light and opening up the space. The upper floor functions as the Master Bedroom + Bathroom + Study. Extensive plumbing work was necessary to accommodate the new wet space for the bathroom. It was important to properly waterproof the bathroom as the client wanted the shower to double as a steam room. For both floors, functional spaced were rearranged to help with the flow of both floor plans. We created refined shop drawings for all millwork, custom fabricated and installed by our team. The detailing found in the millwork for the Kitchen Island and the Banquette showcases the fine quality which MRTA delivers in every project.
• Removed sight blocking partitions on the lower floor while maintaining the structural integrity of the building
• Custom shop drawings for the millwork in the kitchen and living area on the lower floor
• Custom fabricated Kitchen Island and Banquette
• Oversaw the reconfiguration and implementation of the plumbing for the shower/steam room
• The new master bath required extensive plumbing to allow the shower to double as a steam room
New York, NY